Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

During the hospital I was worried about the nurse doing a…

During the hospital I was...
During the hospital I was worried about the nurse doing a swab of blood from his hand. Assuming that the needle hurts the nurse's finger before it enters the vein I have to withdraw blood and was pregnant nurse s HIV or c
3/20/2018
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, Thanks for the question, and I am very glad to help you again with your health concerns.

I am currently preparing & typing my answer and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Welcome dr

Please see these types of incidents are not at all risky for contracting hiv or hep c etc

This is not how these infections spread from one person to another

As I had mentioned previously too during my answers to some of your previous similar questions, there are a large number of conditions that need to be met or fulfilled before hiv or hep c can enter your body

The multiple such conditions would include the following;

1) Whether that nurse is hiv or hep c positive or not

2) Even if that nurse is hiv or hep c positive then the next question is whether his viral load is under control or not

3) Then other questions such as did the needle really prick the nurse before the same needle was used for use in you for drawing the blood

4) And even if the needle did cause a prick or stick injury to the nurse’s hand or finger still the question - did it make enough blood to stick to the needle that was used for blood drawing

5) And also let us not forget the exposure of hiv and hep c etc to the air or atmosphere kills these viruses immediately

6) These types of viruses are extremely fragile and they die as soon as they come out of human body and get exposed to the harsh outside environment in which hiv and hep c die very rapidly

As you see there are so many conditions that need to be met of fulfilled before hiv or hep c can be introduced in to your body from the nurse’s hand or finger through a wound - but none of these conditions have been met or fulfilled in your case - so it is definitely unlikely you have contracted these viruses during this incident

Once again I can very categorically reassure you, there is 100% no possibility of contracting hiv or hep c etc during the incident you have mentioned above, it is absolutely not possible for getting infected with these viruses with this type of incident – even if the nurse is hiv or hep c positive, there is not even an iota of suspicion for having transmitted hiv or hep c to you during the above mentioned incident that occurred in the hospital and you are 100% safe, so please not to be scared.

Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now does not close your question and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It means if you hurt the finger of the nurse and the needle was inserted in the vein for me to withdraw the blood and the nurse carrying viruses does not move

Yes, as mentioned above too, even if that nurse injured his finger while using the needle but used the same needle even then there is no risk - this is because these viruses die very rapidly once they come out of his body so by the time the same needle was used to draw your blood the viruses are already dead so you are 100% safe and there is 100% no way you have contracted hiv or hep c etc during this incident.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Question Are the nurses being screened continuously inside a hospital

Yes, they are regularly screened too and the hospital employers make sure they are not hiv or hep c positive

I am very sure this nurse was not hiv or hep c positive.

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much for your reassurance. I am a person with a lot of anxiety and obsession because it 's the way a needle is similar to the tube. The needle was kept inside the vein for each time. This type only pulls. Does not the medicine or anything enter ?

You are very welcome! My pleasure! I am very glad you found the above information helpful!

Yes, this is indeed the presence of severe health anxiety and fear of serious illnesses that is making you to suspect all these impossible scenarios, and also especially nothing entered your body through the needle, rather they used the needle only for drawing blood this is another reason why you are 100% safe, and there is absolutely (100%) no risk of having contracted hiv or hep c during the incident you have mentioned above!

Wishing you all the very best!

Thanks & Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Actually fantasies I imagine now by pulling the blood in the tube and the survival of the needle in the vein possible to enter Ship through the withdrawal of blood or a dangerous drug I do not know These types are difficult to enter

Please see it is really not possible for hiv or hep c to survive in the needle or tube, and also it is not possible to inject a dangerous drug in to your body, such things never happen in any hospital, so these are really your severe health anxiety that is getting the better of you, and nothing else. You were 100% safe during the above mentioned incident.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much for your reassurance. I do not test viruses or count the days

You are very welcome! You definitely do not need any hiv or hep c tests.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks so much dr subbanna

You are very welcome!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Now open new question

Appreciate it, I will post my answer under the new question, please follow up there for further discussions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Now send

Appreciate it, I have already posted my answer under the new question, please follow up there for further discussions.

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)