Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Been having on going headaches for the past 5-7 days pretty…

Been having on going...

Been having on going headaches for the past 5-7 days pretty much all day long from when I wake up to when I go to bed. I’ve taken some ibuprofen 800/s which help a little bit doesn’t go away. Feels like a band around my head and then pain/pressure behind my eyes and four head. The base of my neck and back of my head hurt a little bit too. At night I notice I get very congested. Sometimes a runny nose.A little bit of loss of appetite, and occasional dizziness or lightheadedness.

Doctor's Assistant: When did you start using ibuprofen? How severe were any side effects?

A bout a month ago, I started to take amoxicillin following a root canal. Then two or three weeks ago I had a Nother root canal and was prescribed more amoxicillin, but ended up having an allergic reaction to it. Last week I was taking climdamycin Which I have now finished. I only took one ibuprofen today, but the dentist had prescribed it to me back when I had the first root canal, and told me to take it as needed. I’ve used it in the past and never had any symptoms.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you used anything besides ibuprofen for this?

No, I’ve only taken that ibuprofen. I started to take some supplements, last week. Stuff for body detoxing and skin cleansing By hum nutrition but nothing for pain

3/20/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Please indicate the following information:
How old are you?
Have you had facial pain, on the forehead and on the sides of the nose?
Do you have a lot of nasal congestion?
When having the headaches are there changes in the vision or note lights?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
27 years old, no real pain on the nose that I can recall. Forehead pain, pain in the sides of the temples etc. Kinda an overall head pain that is almost pressure like and its just enhanced in those areas which seem like sinus areas. Nasal congestion is hit or miss some days/nights it will be worst than others and then I will have a little post nasal drip/runny nose. No real sensitivity to light....a little here and there but nothing major or changes to visionI also forgot as a result of me finding out i was allergic to penicillin I broke out in a rash and the dermatologist I saw told me to start taking one xyzal a night which I have been

Dear *****ient, for all the symptoms you mention.
There are several important antecedents, beginning by which the treatment of conduit implies the irritation of a nerve and the stress for all the process that has undergone during the treatment.
Nasal congestion indicates that they may be initiating an infectious process despite taking antibiotics because they are affecting the paranasal sinuses.
Tension at the level of the neck correponde to stress that has been going through.
In your case I consider that a sinus Tomography should be performed and start with antiallergic treatment until the symptoms are resolved.
The headaches are due to a summation of all the events that are going through.
I suggest that you go to a consultation to evaluate it adequately.

Claritin D (Loratadine / Pseudoephedrine 5 mg-120 mg): 1 tablet orally twice a day for 5 days

I suggest the following medical treatment with analgesic such as Diclofenac 50 mg(1) one tablet every 8 hours for 5 days in addition to a muscle relaxant such as Cyclobenzaprine 10mg (1) one tablet at night for 10 days

Do you have any doubt?

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor