Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a question on these findings on my stress test and…

Hello so I had a...
Hello so I had a question on these findings on my stress test and what this means. They said everything was normal but this doesn’t seem normal.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Reads
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Closely
3/20/2018
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

I'm sorry you have concerns about your recent heart evaluation.

The reason for the stress test was that you had a change in a recent ECG. Your stress test indicates that you had some changes during the test, but the changes were not significant and did not cause any non-reversible changes. You do have minimal pathology BUT when your heart is stressed, there is no sign of decompensation. In other words, stress on your heart does not cause decreased blood flow or heart tissue damage. Your ejection fraction of 70 is better than average. Your ECHO test for evaluation of the heart valves was also normal.

Your "stress" testing is a better indication of heart health than a static ECG. You passed your stress test with flying colors.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What type of pathology?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
why is it showing these signs and how do i get rid of PAC and PVC

PAC's and PVC's can be normal when your heart is under stress. As long as they don't persist, they are considered normal. Everyone will have occasional PAC's and PVC's. The "Pathology" indicated on the initial ECG was that there was an increase in the size of your left ventricle (LVH). This finding by itself has no real significance. But, since it was there, it required further study. All of the additional tests were normal. Have I clarified your concerns?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Really even though my left ventricle was thickened?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That is not good right? Should I not run anymore that shows hypertrophy cardiomyopathy
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just want to be certain and detailed explanation

This is an ECG finding only. It doesn't mean there is a problem. You had additional stress tests that DO NOT indicate that you have a cardiac problem. The stress tests are much more reliable than a single ECG. There is no reason to get additional testing UNLESS you have chest pain, shortness of breath, chest pain and shortness of breath with minimal exertion. The next step would be a cardiac catheterization. I realize you are concerned about heart disease, but testing can only go so far. Your testing so far does not indicate any clinical problem and no danger of you having heart disease or an acute heart attack.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay why was my ejection fraction so high?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just always feel so light headed and tryin to figure it out

Your Ejection Fraction is normal. If it were below 50, there would be a problem, but at 70 your heart is functioning normally.

Feeling lightheaded can be from inner ear problems, stress, dehydration, sinus congestion and needs to be evaluated. This is not an indication of heart disease. May I suggest you see an ENT doctor to evaluate this symptom.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay so I should keep running no problem with 100% confidence? Also is there anything to get rid of these PAC and PVCs
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also is it normal to get both?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just curious

Yes, it is normal to get both when your heart is stressed as when running as long as they stop after rest. There is no evidence of heart disease and your LVH is most likely from running which creates more demand and can account for a thickening of the ventricular wall (Athletic Heart). Please stop worrying, you have no heart disease.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hypertrophy cardiomyopathy is called athletes heart. But yeah I run 5 days a week
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1.3-1.5 miles
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Maybe I should rest for a month or so that way it doesn’t thicken more?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also is there anything I could eat to stop these PVC and PAC it’s very uncomfortable and makes me stop running.

No food will cause these. If they are a significant problem your doctor can prescribe a Beta Blocker which will help reduce/stop the irregular rhythm.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s just really annoying
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
your 100% confident in me running?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
With no issues?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also I am just worried I will go into an arythmia when these PVCs come on
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just looking for an update

Sorry for my delayed response.

Yes, I am 100% confident that you will not have an arrhythmia with a run of PVC's. You can continue to run without worry

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What does it mean when they find hypertrophy signs in left ventricle but it’s considered normal?

Hypertrophy indicates thickening of the ventricular muscle which would be expected in a runner. This is a normal finding in athletes/runners.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I haven’t seen anything on that
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you send me information showing that is normal?

A recent study investigated ECG and echocardiographies in male athletes of African / Afro-Caribbean origin and found frequent T wave inversions in leads V1-V4. Significant ST elevation was present in 63.2% and LVH in 23.2%.[3].

http://en.ecgpedia.org/wiki/ECGs_in_Athletes

The most common training-induced ECG changes in athletes are sinus bradycardia, first-degree AV block, second-degree AV block (Mobitz type 1 only), incomplete RBBB (QRS duration <0.12 s), early repolarization, and isolated QRS voltage criteria for LVH.

http://www.humankinetics.com/excerpts/excerpts/abnormal-ecgs-not-always-concerning-for-athletes

I hope this is sufficient for you to provide a 5 star rating, if you believe I have earned it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That is Wikipedia and it says in African I am Mexican. Is there anything else available info?

The second link was different. Look at the second link.The study was associated with African Athletes but it pertains to all athletes.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It doesn’t seem like it pertains to hypertrophy cardiomyopathy
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Testing ECG shows LVH with strain and peak exertion ST segment changes consistent with strain pattern
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What does that mean?

We discussed this ECG finding and this is why you had the additional testing.

Do you want me to opt out of your question? It appears to me that you don't want to get closure.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just had one more question when your running does your ejection fraction increase decrease or stay the same?

Running itself has nothing to do with your ejection fraction. Good cardiac health, which you have, causes the ejection fraction to be above the average normal (greater than 50).

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It says pre stress findings left ventricle 55-60% stress findings stress echo left ventricle appears to be greater then 70% why is this? Why did this raise was why i asked that question?

This statement indicates the heart is able to react to a stressful environment and contracts more aggressively than when at rest. This is a good thing, not anything to cause concern.

PLEASE PROVIDE A 5 STAR RATING.

Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks

You are welcome.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I know people don’t tend to worry about anything over 50 but over 75 it can hypertrophy cardiomyopathy myopathy

Athletic Hypertrophy is totally different from cardiomyopathy. But enough, please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay thanks

:)

Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor