Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had massetter procedure and they used dysport for my jaw…

I had massetter procedure...

I had massetter procedure and they used dysport for my jaw in total 60 on the left and 70 on the right. I am feeling lithurgic now my face looks a little bir puffy my dimples was gone, having problem in breathing, whole arms feel very week with back pain, headaches and blurry vision.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Daily but manageable

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

How can i surpass this faster its really botering me and i really feel useless everyday as i feel tired and not me my cheeks a bit puffey can i take something to put the sweeling down

3/19/2018
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will try to assist you today.

When did you receive the Dysport injections?

Are you short of breath? Change in vision?

i even wentvto optometrist coz i thought its the computer but its not

When did you get the injections?

I'm from sydney

OK. When did you get the injections?

march 15 10 units both side then the first one was1st of march 60units on tje left then 50 on the right

And now you feel weak with shortness of breath and blurry vision?

with puffy face

OK you may be having an allergic reaction to the dysport. You did receive a pretty high dose. Blurry vision and shortness of breath are concerning and I think you should see a doctor soon; either your own or go to the emergency room. These symptoms may be related to the injections or they could be something else entirely and it will be important to run lab tests to get a better idea of what is going on.

Let me know if you have follow-up questions.

if its an allergic reaction is there treatment that can help me atleast

Yes, there is medication, such as steroids, benadryl, pepcid, etc. You can try benadryl and see if that helps.

how about for the puffiness on my face?

Those medications can help with that.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!

thank you I only got charge $34 right?

Yes, that should be it. If you rate 5-star then I will get a portion of that $34 for my services so I hope you can rate. If any issues, you can always contact customer service. They are super responsive.

Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD
thanks