Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have not been able to sleep for about two weeks. Tried…

I have not been...

I have not been able to sleep for about two weeks. Tried over the counter items and nothing is working. What can I do

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I have to find a Dr. I take thriod meds but that is it

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

120 of synthriod. And not alergic to any meds

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No this is new for me. I had breast cancer 10 years ago

3/19/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

Welcome to Justanswer!

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

Are you under stress? Anything new like job, relocation?

No just can not turn my mind off. I just want to get some sleep. My father in law did pass a couple of months ago and it has been crazy.

Thanks for the information.

I can understand your situation and ongoing things.

It seems like you are a lot of things in your mind and unable to sleep. You can try a few things at home, but might require prescription sleep meds for short-term to help you with sleep. Things to do at home: Keep your bedtime and wake time consistent from day to day, including on weekends; Stay active; Avoid or limit naps; Avoid or limit caffeine and alcohol and don't use nicotine; Avoid large meals and beverages before bed.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor