Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a bit of pink blood in my salyva today...1 hour later…

I had a bit...

I had a bit of pink blood in my salyva today...1 hour later i spit out bright red blood from the back of my throat. it then became pink staining my tissuethen stopped.im 62 in good health,no medications no injuries.i do not have a fever for any pain.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No meds,nothing allergic. idid have a bad cold last 2 weeks but thought it had passed.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing. i have always been healthy.

3/19/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

Welcome to Justanswer!

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

Did you notice any bleeding from your teeth? Do you have any bleeding disorder? Is your throat inflamed and raw looking?

do not have a bleeding disorder that i know of. i did take heperin as perscribed by my dr. when i was pregnant to prevent a miscarriage ( i had several) but that was 25 years ogo. I thought it was from my gum but then the bright red blood from the back of my throat
today....
i cant afford a 50 DOLLAR CALL
are we still connected ?

Yes, I am writing your answer.

Thanks for the information.

It does not sound like anything serious. Your heparin use 25 years ago is not linked with your current blooding. Since you recently had viral infection, most likely your throat area is still raw and the bleeding you saw was coming from broken fragile capillaries. These are minor bleeding and harmless in most cases. Other possibilities would be bleeding from gum. You can keep eye on this bleeding and see if it disappear. You can use saline gargle to help your throat area.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that Ican get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Thank you DR. Very Helpful. I will follow up.

You are welcome!

Thanks for visiting justanswer.

Now you can leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you.