Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had two episodes last week (Tue and Sat) that started with…

I had two episodes...

I had two episodes last week (Tue and Sat) that started with chills, then chattering teeth and shivering. (I thought maybe I had food poisoning.) After piling on blankets, I got the shivering under control, then noticed I had a fever (101.0 the first time). Took an extra strength Tylenol, which seemed to bring the fever down. After lying down for all but 3 minutes of the last 90, I noticed my pulse rate pounding in my ear. It was 108 bpm the first time, 120 the second. I eventually felt the fever break and had to get out from under the blankets. I was nauseous the second time, while the first time only queasy. Both episodes lasted no more than four hours. Afterwards I was weaker with no appetite. And I never threw up or had diarrhea. Would appreciate any ideas.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

May be allergic to penicillin. I take metformin and Jardiance, valsartan, something for high bp, Paxil, and Xanax. 65 year old male.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I I've had a splenectomy.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

This seems to be viral attack but your body fighting back well and kept it under control. It shows you have goo immunity. You can take tylenol if you fell such symptoms again. Take lots of fluids and good diet to maintain your immunity.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm fairly incapacitated while I have these attacks. Is there any way to prevent them? I realize antibiotics wouldn't help.

Only way to prevent is to boost your immunity further by good diet.

Best wishes.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks.
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor