Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My wife woke this morning with no feeling in her left leg.

Customer Question
My wife woke this...

My wife woke this morning with no feeling in her left leg. She cannot walk

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

She can sit up, but can't walk

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She was one time (a few years back) diagnosed with high blood pressure. It has gotten better.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
3/19/2018
Doctor: Dr. A, Board Certified MD replied 5 months ago
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will try to assist you today.

How old is your wife?

What other medical problems does she have? What medications does she take?

Aside from inability to move/feel her left leg, is she having any other symptoms? Any recent injury to the leg?

None. She is 63

Ok, if she is unable to feel or move the leg and can no longer walk she should definitely see a doctor today. That means she should either go to an urgent care/ER or go to her regular doctor today. Let me know if you have any questions.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!