Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a raised area at the bottom of my neck that is the…

I have a raised...

I have a raised area at the bottom of my neck that is the shape of the thymus but it is on the outside of my chest cavity. It seems to be getting larger. What could it be.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

I've noticed the area raising for about 2 weeks. I have no numbness or tingling.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

There is a history of thyroid and autoimmune problems in my family but I've never had any problems with them. I'm 63 years old and basically have no health problems, blood pressure, cholesterol all good. I do take paxil for slight depression and zanix for sleep never take them during the day.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Can you attach photo here?

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
I don't have a cell phone to send picture
I can't afford the phone call charges at this time.
the area on my chest probably would not show on photos. It's more by feeling the upper chest area there is a rise in the area just below the bottom of my neck on the chest area.
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Consultant
Phone call session started
I have photos I can send now.