Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am not sure if you can help me I was looking for

Customer Question
I am not sure...

I am not sure if you can help me I was looking for information for high CRP and what is the next step

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I don't have symptoms, I just did a routine blood test and it showed CRP 9.14 mg/L

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Just oral contraceptives I am not allergic

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have abnormalities in thyroid hormones if that is somehow conected

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/19/2018
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Do you need more information ?

CRP is a marker of inflammation anywhere in the body. As you mentioned you have thyroid problem so it can be inflammation and cause elevated crp levels. I would suggest seeing your doctor with the result and if you do not have any other symptom or disease and your doctor do not find any other positive finding then thyroid inflammation is the most likely cause so nothing much to worry about as i is less likely to be due to any other disease.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

you don't think I should do more tests for heart health? It is supposed to show the risk of future cardiac attack and it is pretty high. I am 24 btw

Thanks for the reply,

It is not specific for heart and can rise in any inflammation. What you can do is repeat th test in a month to see a change. Meanwhile, you can get a lipid profile test to see your cholesterol levels.

I did the cholesterol test and it is high, LDL 113mg/dl, 241 total. I also have deficiency in vitamin D.

I think you should followup with all these tests with your doctor as you might need lipid-lowering medicine called statins, and start regular exercise and cut down fatty food.