Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have too much precum. Even when I lay next to my wife and…

Customer Question
I have too much...

I have too much precum. Even when I lay next to my wife and rub on her, I immediately start leaking semen. And when I try to have sex with her, my erection automatically gets so soft that I can't even penetrate her. Then I ejaculate with a soft penis. Of she gets mad at me, because I can't please her. I went to my urologist and he gave me Zoloft. He said that would take care of the precum. And my PCP gave me an anxiety prescription, because my heart starts racing like crazy when I am about to have sex. I can't understand why my penis goes soft when its time to have sex. Sometimes I masturbate to please myself, but even when I do that, I cum within seconds. I hate not being able to please my wife. I have no problem with getting an erection, I just don't having no staying power at all. And wife is really tired of me not being able to perform in bed. But I don't know what's wrong, and I can't get a real answer.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

Over a year I know.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/19/2018
Doctor: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

Welcome to Justanswer!

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

Is it a new problem or having it for a while? Does it happen every time you try? How is your stress level or anxiety?

I have been having it for awhile now. The only anxiety I have is being scared that I can't please my wife

I see that you took meds for anxiety and depression as well. Was it helpful in anyways?

Thank you for the information. Based on your description, it sounds like a case of premature ejaculation. Premature ejaculation can be due to several causes, but the likely causes are psychological or biological in nature in most cases. At your age, I don’t think it’s biological or medical causes since you do not have any problem. Therefore,psychological causes area quite possible. You have already tried a couple of meds and was not much helpful.

There is no standard time frame required for sexual satisfaction; however, ejaculation within less than a minute is considered premature. The possible treatment options are sex therapy,squeeze technique, medication and psychotherapy etc. Not a single option is perfect but a combination of therapy would be more beneficial.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question, you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Do you have any follow-up question for me? If not, please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you.