Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I would like to know what is protein c defisence how do i…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to know what is protein c defisence how do i treat it?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I have and she says yes i have it. i take alot of medicine

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Im allergic to morphine , i take prozsac, hydros, sulfate,iron,protonics,fleceral,l

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

, i have a pacemaker because i have a-fib,had it for 25 years now also have had 2 strokes one was really bad i literally died and the drs brught me back ,

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/19/2018
Doctor: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. May I request you to upload the reports where it has been mentioned that it is protein S deficiency. I also have a few questions for you please. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. May I know your age please?

2. Were you evaluated for this when you had 2 strokes and if so - were the strokes due to bleeding into brain or clot in the brain?

3. May I request you to upload all the pro-coagulopathic work up you have done so far?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Hi...Protein C deficiency is a congenital or acquired condition that leads to increased risk for thrombosis. Congenital protein C deficiency is one of several inherited thrombophilias, which are a heterogeneous group of genetic disorders associated with an elevated risk of venous thromboembolism. A substantial proportion of individuals with protein C deficiency remain asymptomatic throughout life and require no specific therapy. However, thromboprophylaxis may be considered in such individuals, particularly if there is a strong family history of thrombosis, for situations associated with a high thrombotic risk such as pregnancy and the postpartum state, surgery, and trauma. For those patients who do develop clinical manifestations of hereditary protein C deficiency, treatment depends on the particular clinical syndrome. Venous Thrombo Embolism (VTE) in patients with protein C deficiency is managed in much the same way as it is for patients with VTE due to other causes. Because the risk of recurrent VTE in protein C–deficient patients may be as high as 60%, long-term anticoagulation is often recommended, particularly following a spontaneous thromboembolic event. Thromboprophylaxis should be considered for surgery, trauma, and prolonged air travel in individuals with heterozygous protein C deficiency, particularly if there is a strong family history of thrombosis. If you are not maintained on anticoagulation please speak with your physician about thromboprophylaxis during events associated with an elevated risk of thrombosis such as surgery, trauma, immobilization. If you are on warfarin, maintaining a regular diet and notify your physician when changes to your medications are being made.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800