Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I need you to read this CTScan what are our options left…

I need you to read...
I need you to read this CTScan what are our options left what stage is theDisease
Also I have more pictures of ultra sound pictures
This time Patient is in the hospital I need your opinion and I need to know how much that will cost me upfront before I pay
1
2
Picture 1
Picture 2
3/19/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5
Results of CT scan
Patient is in the hospital in Pakistan I am in Canada asking these questions need to help to understand what is the stage off the disease and if this is a curable should we fight ?
Need your help to better understand I have been reading the Internet I’ve come across your way of helping here

This is not cancer, so staging is not given in this disease. This is a parasite disease which has caused functions of the liver affected. This is treated surgically but since the patient has jaundice and liver functions are compromised, following medical treatment can be considered;

1) albendazole and

2 mebendazole.

Albendazole is administered in several 1-month oral doses. The optimal period of treatment ranges from 3-6 months.

This is curable.

But primary treatment is surgery.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Do I have to pay for every question or how it works please?

Customer support can help you out in this, but you do not have to pay for each question on this thread. There is a fixed cost of this thread. And this is determined by the site administration.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Surgery is off the table in this case medication that to name you have mentioned that is the only option

Surgery is still the best option.

But would need an ICU for post operative care, excellent anesthesiologist during surgery and a general surgeon experienced for it.

Remember it is a parasite which has formed multiple cysts in liver affecting its function.

If these cysts are removed, patient would get normal again.

A medical treatment can be tried initially.

It will kill the parasites and further progression of disease would be arrested.

Is this helpful to you?

I will be back I am here in Canada the patient is in Pakistan back-and-forth I am having communication with her husband take some time bye

Okay.

I want please shed some more light on this what you have said earlier this. is surgery is dangerous for a patient because of this functions of the liver affected. This is treated surgically but since the patient has jaundice and liver functions are compromised, following medical treatment can be considered;

Let us be clear about it; treatment is surgery.

But since disease has advanced, it has affected the liver significantly.

So now surgery can be risky.

A very good facility still can handle it.

Remember surgical procedure is dependent on the anesthesia. Obviously anesthesia risk has increased due to high liver enzymes and jaundice.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

You are helping me vey much, I believe I will have more questions, I will not forget to rate you helping me and family

You are very welcome.

I am glad, I could help.

Wishing him a speedy recovery.