Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Chest X-Ray What do you reveal? Which you have done and what…

Chest X-Ray What do you...
Chest X-Ray What do you reveal? Which you have done and what is its importance
3/19/2018
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, Thanks for the question, and I am very glad to help you again with your health concerns.

I am currently preparing & typing my answer and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Please see, if you are inquiring whether chest x ray can help a lot in the evaluation of heart attack then the answer is no

Chest x ray does not show heart attack itself, means we cannot diagnose heart attack directly by doing a chest x ray

However chest x ray can help with diagnosis of certain heart conditions

If someone has enlargement of the heart or thickening of heart muscle, due to any causes then the chest x ray can show it

We can estimate the approximate size of the heart through chest x ray and tell whether there is cardiomegaly or not, cardiomegaly means abnormally large heart

Also we can tell whether there is heart failure or not

Heart failure is also called as CHF (Congestive heart failure) or CCF (Congestive cardiac failure) and the chest x ray can show this

If someone has had a heart attack and then if they develop heart failure then the chest x ray can show it

This is an indirect evidence for heart attack

And chest x ray can also show various other cardiovascular related issues such as high blood pressure related changes etc

And the above are heart related chest x ray findings, in addition to the above the chest x ray can also show various lung related pathologies too such as pneumonia, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, pulmonary embolism, lung cancer etc etc

But if you are asking this question to learn more about your heart’s health then as mentioned above chest x ray to some extent help in evaluating the health and functioning of the heart as described above, it can show blood pressure related changes, it can show heart failure secondary to heart attack, it can show enlargement or thickening of the heart muscles or heart chambers etc

But if you are still worried about heart attack, please see I can very categorically reassure you, you have 100% not sustained any heart attack, your heart is 100% very healthy, and if you do a chest x ray it will 100% show normal heart and lungs and any other structures that are visible in the chest x ray film, so please not to be scared.

Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now does not close your question and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks so much dr

You are very welcome! My pleasure! I am very glad you found the above information helpful!

Once again, if chest x ray is done it too will come normal like your ecg and heart enzymes etc!

Wishing you all the very best!

Thanks & Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have worked chest x-ray. What is the result?

Are you sure they they have mentioned chest x ray report on this Casualty sehet? I am unable to see any mentioning of chest x ray report.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I worked chest x rays but I do not know what the result I forgot Ask the doctor My interest was heart planning and enzymes How do I know?

If they have done chest x ray then please call them and ask to give you the report. On this paper they have not mentioned anything about chest x ray.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have been contacted now and the hospital told me the radiation is natural enough or necessary to take the paper

Have you already had chest x ray or not yet?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The doctor told me that I did not take the papers, but now he told me his phone x-ray is normal .Do you repeat radiation risk

I am sorry, your chest x ray is normal! You did have chest x ray and it is normal and they have mentioned it in the casualty report. They wrote the report under physical signs, that is how I missed it, but it was done and it is normal!

No need to repeat any more chest x rays, you already had chest x ray and it is fully normal!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Radiation question is a real risk recurrence. Between each month how much repetition or year to be to avoid danger and was it already in the paper that it is normal? Is it actually present in the X-ray paper

Radiation risk from chest x ray is not an issue because chest x ray uses only small amount of radiation. If there is need then one can have many x rays of the chest each year, but you already have had chest x ray. One can receive up to about 50 mSV radiation per year, a chest x ray gives only about 0.1 mSV, so as you see chest x ray does not really give so much radiation, so if you need you can repeat it few times each year, but you do not need any more chest x ray since your chest x ray is already normal, and they have mentioned it in your paper.

On your paper they have used the abbreviation CXR N with a circle around N - this means Chest X ray Normal.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The embolism comes if narrow arteries are closed for years

Embolism can occur if the inner surface of the arteries develops fat build up (also called as atherosclerosis or thrombosis), but fat build up occurs in someone having high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, smoking, old age etc, you do not have any of these risk factors so you are not having any risk for fat build up or embolism.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks so much

You are very welcome!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am open new question 20 minute

Appreciate it, I will post my answer under the new question, please follow up there for further discussions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Question before I open a new question What is more and faster shows the injury troponin 1 or early fAbp whichever is faster
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Does he have to do this housekeeping?

FABP is faster, fabp can be detected in the blood as early as about 30 minutes after the heart attack, whereas the traditional troponin I or T test takes about 2 hours to get detected in the blood. Although if high sensitivity troponin is available it can get detected in the blood about 30 minutes to 1 hour after the heart attack, so high sensitivity troponin is faster than the traditional troponin tests. But the fastest is FABP test.

If chest pain occurs then it is recommended to visit the hospital instead of doing these tests at home. Of course you will not develop heart attack since your heart is very healthy, so nothing to worry.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would you advise me to return a purchase or money?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would you advise me to return a purchase or test

No, no need for purchasing any more tests, your heart is very healthy. If you already have test kits with you then if the seller is willing to refund you then return the purchased test kits back to them.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am buying, I live in tension and need every day I work the same crazy
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you are right
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Now send new question

Appreciate it, I have already posted my answer under the new question, please follow up there for further discussions.

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)