Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

The joint and tendons in my hand thumb aand hand are

Customer Question
The joint and tendons...

The joint and tendons in my hand thumb aand hand are throbbing. To the point I can barley use my right hand, and it has slowly gotten worse over time. What does this sound like?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

My health is good, I’m 39 with no other issues. I have been managing a restaurant for 18 years so I is my hand for a lot, especially lifting heavy plates. Bu this is making my job very difficult.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/19/2018
Doctor: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Are you in any kind of pain?
Have you received any trauma to your hands or cervical spine?
He's got any symptoms on his left hand!

No trama, and no symptoms on left hand.

Dear *****ient, because of the symptoms you describe, this is a chronic inflammatory process of the hand muscles and tendons due to overuse.
Typically, these injuries become more evident over the years as they are accompanied by the muscular and physical deterioration that is generated over the years.
because of his work, the muscles are weakened because they are highly demanding, which generates wear and tear, inflammation, which compresses the nerves and arteries and generates pulsations or spasms.
In your case it is convenient to make an X-ray of the hand to rule out any joint wear due to overuse.
I also suggest starting a process of rehabilitation of muscle strengthening of the wrist and hand to reduce the symptoms.

I suggest the following medical treatment with analgesics such as Diclofenac 50 mg (1) a tablet every 8 hours for 5 days, plus a muscle relaxant such as Tizanidine 2 mg (1) a tablet at night for 10 days

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

my right hand is throbbing!!
You didn’t give me any information?

I'm sending it back to you, it could be a systems error.

it is important to examine your hand closely to prevent future injuries so it is important to get tested.

I suggest the following medical treatment with analgesics such as Diclofenac 50 mg (1) a tablet every 8 hours for 5 days, plus a muscle relaxant such as Tizanidine 2 mg (1) a tablet at night for 10

Did you receive the message?

Regards.