Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a few drops of blood in my urine. I found it my

Customer Question
I have a few...

I have a few drops of blood in my urine. I found it my underwear. 72 year old male in good health.

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Very good. I exercise 2 or three times a week.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Diabetes runs in my family.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Doctor: Connie Pennington,
 replied 4 months ago
Connie Pennington

Good Morning. I am Dr. Pennington. I am a surgeon.

Has this ever happened before?

Doctor: Connie Pennington,
 replied 4 months ago

Do you take any medications? Blood thinners?

Have you ever had kidney stones?

I take lisinopril for blood pressure also cholestrol meds
Doctor: Connie Pennington,
 replied 4 months ago

Do you have any problems with your prostate? Recent PSA?

My PSA is 4.372 and good health
Doctor: Connie Pennington,
 replied 4 months ago

Any blood thinners? Aspirin?

Some difficulty in urination I get up three times a night to urinate clear urine
Doctor: Connie Pennington,
 replied 4 months ago

When is the last time you saw a urologist?

3 months ago recent oral sex with a woman outside of my marriage
She gave me oral sex
Are you there?
Doctor: Connie Pennington,
 replied 4 months ago

OK, that should not make you bleed though.

I would notify your urologist. Bleeding from the bladder can be serious. They may want to do a cystoscopy in the office to look into the bladder.

Sorry I am a slow typer....

Doctor: Connie Pennington,
 replied 4 months ago

Do you have easy access to your urologist?

what is a cystoscopy.?
Doctor: Connie Pennington,
 replied 4 months ago

It is where the urologist uses a small tube with a camera on it and places it through the penis into the bladder. We can evaluate the bladder this way. r/o things that bleed.

I was afraid that is what it was. also can I have sex with my wife because i do not want to cause any further issues.
this is why I am not talking on the phone.
the blood was dry in my in my pajamas 4 or 5 small drops.
Doctor: Connie Pennington,
 replied 4 months ago

Blood like that is not normal.

There is no restriction to intercourse.

I would notify your urologist of the bleeding, to be on the safe side.

I hope this helps! We work for stars, so please 5 star this if it was speedy and helpful!

I will monitor it and see if it reoccurs okay I will notify my urologist. I am in Florida and he is in ny. I am snowbird..
Doctor: Connie Pennington,
 replied 4 months ago

Oh happy snowbird. We are getting ready to visit my parents for Easter, who are snowbirds as well.

Hope you are having good weather. It's ok to monitor it, but do mention it to your urologist when you get home.

A cystoscopy to look into the bladder is a simple procedure, and would make me feel better. Peace of mind is a good thing.

Have a great day!