Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Morning! It started with neck/right shoulder back pain last…

Customer Question
Morning! It started...

Morning! It started with neck/right shoulder back pain last Wednesday. I thought I had slept badly and used deep heat. It alleviates the pain for a while and the pain is intermittent. However, I now seem to be burping quite a bit and I cannot understand why as I have not changed my diet at all...any ideas? Oh - and I feel rather tired most of the time...

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No recent injuries. Movement is better than keeping still..

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 5 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Do you have heartburn, acid reflux?

Did you take any medicine for neck, shoulder, back pain?

I am 63, female, no symptoms and on no medication at all. I am fit and healthy!

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

I am based in Austria so could not leave number anyway!

Let me at the outset tell you that burping does not denote anything serious like heart issue. It can be due to;

1) excessive air swallowing.

Anxious people swallow air when they are stressed or anxiety supervenes.

2) increased intraluminal (inside the intestine) production from mal absorbed (improperly absorbed) nutrients,

3) decreased gas absorption due to some pathological condition of intestines like diverticulitis

4) expansion of intestinal gas due to changes in atmospheric pressure

A solitary reason or combination can be responsible for the excessive gas.

You may take over the counter antacid and acid blocker like Omeprazole.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

I now have two questions for you. What is the connection between the burping and neck pain?Secondly, why has my card been debited for 50$ when I was asked for 5$?
Sorry it was 34$...

There may not be any connection between the neck pain and burping. Neck pain can be due to muscle strain, disc disease, ligament sprain. Mild massage, neck brace, local analgesic cream and Ibuprofen will take care of the pain.

Experts do not know about the charges.

Charges are administered by site administration. You may need to ask to customer support which is round the clock service.

It is privilege assisting you.