Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having trouble with my nose and have had a scan…

Customer Question
I have been having...

I have been having trouble with my nose and have had a scan done and been refered to Fardin Eghterdari in Canberra and have an appointment on 4th April . The right nostril has been dis charging clear mucos for somme weeks but today it felt as though a lump was in that nostril. After showering 15 minutes ago I had a look in the mirror and it appears to be a Blister with a red spot on it. Last night and this morning a tiny amount of blood appeared. I cannot breath thru my nose and have been using a spray to try and help with minimum help. Should I put up with it for another couple of weeks untill I see the specialist or try and get into my G P Tomorrow ????

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?

The lump became noticible today and it is soft but it is nearly hanging out of my nostril

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

About the nose , I have had polyps removed some 58 years ago

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 4 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Please post a picture of it?

Is there pain, warmth, tenderness?

can't send picture . Tender

Thanks. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

You need to go to your GP tomorrow.

This needs evaluation.

This can be sinusitis and/or rhinitis.

There can be infection of the internal lining of the nose which may need a course of antibiotic.

You may do cold compresses and take Ibuprofen.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.