Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I’ve been having a slight discomfort in my throat for a week

Good day, so I’ve been having a slight discomfort in my throat for a week specifically the left side. It started with a sore throat and as it is hay fever season I figured it was probably allergies. So I took Cetrine for a week , the sore throat feeling and the post nasal drip is gone but sometimes I still feel a slight discomfort in the left side of my throat.not pain just discomfort. I don’t feel it when I am eating or drinking. Along with this my left ears feels funny sometimes. I am kind of worried as to what it may be. Could you assist me in shedding some light please? Thank you in advance.
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: No fever , nothing that I can see in the back of my throat and I would say about a week. However the sore throat feeling left after day two of taking the cetrine.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: The only thing I think may be important is as a baby I was in and out of the hospital for fluid in the ears and recurring ear infections. And I’m also not sure this matter but I’m in a new country, I’m from a tropical country and I moved to a country with all seasons so these recurring throat episodes mostly come around the winter for me.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you

Can you kindly upload an image of the oral cavity and throat for me to see (taken with and without flash) no.

I will see and get back to you ASAP.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are those fine?
Hi... your throat looks normal.
The abnormal sensation which you are having on the left side of throat could be due to a lingering inflammation from a viral pharyngitis which is recovering.In this season it is very common. You do not require any antibiotics for this.I suggest you do some warm salt water gargling thrice a day for a week.The ear sensation you are feeling could be due to the blocked eustachian tube or eustachian catarrh.This is self limiting and does not require any further treatment please." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you so much Doctor. Just one more question, I stopped taking the Cetrine a day ago should I resume taking it or it’s ok to discontinue as I am currently doing? And just gargle as you have said and drink a lot of water
No need for Cetrizine. Stop it.
Just warm salt water gargling will do.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you so much ! I feel so reassured . Continue doing your job and you will definitely get a 5 Star from me.