Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had a bad headache on the right side of my neck and…

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a bad headache on the right side of my neck and is hurting my ear really excruciating pain.

Doctor's Assistant: When did the pain begin? Have you used any medication for it?

Can't get rid of this headache

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the pain?

2 days ago. I'm taking Excedrin tension also aleeve with vitamin d3.also Emergency C. I drink alcohol on weekly basis. I'm in the process of starting A A immediately.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

But my right ear is really hurting

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/19/2018
Doctor: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

How is the pain in the ear like it's pulsatile, lacerating, stabbing?
Is the pain internal or external?
the head and neck pain is gone?

Due to the characteristics of the pain, neuropathic pain is impressive. This type of pain takes a while to recover since it affects the nerve, and can take up to 5 days to disappear, the pain is internal and should subside with the days. it is recommended not to use the telephone, headphones or anything that may stimulate the nerve.
You should also start an anti-inflammatory such as Ibuprofen 200mg every 8 hours for 5 days.
If this pain does not improve, however, it is necessary to see a doctor for an examination of the ear and its auditory canal.
as it can generate an infectious process due to irritation of the ear canal.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.