Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I consumed alcohol last night and was fine this morning.i…

Customer Question
I consumed alcohol last...

I consumed alcohol last night and was fine this morning.i felt 100% sober. This afternoon I started experiencing vertigo symptoms. Even though today I’m sober can my symptoms be related to last nights drinking

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Dizziness especially if I move my head left and right or if I stand up after sitting down

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?

I dealt with this once before but it went away on its own. The symptoms are coming and going

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I do have allergies. I’m from AK and went on vacation to Tunisia. I got a sinus infection due to climate and 40 degree temp change. I came back to AK two weeks ago

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/18/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 3 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

drinking alcohol can cause dehydration

if you didn't drink enough water and fluids last night and today, dehydration can cause you to have vertigo and dizziness symptoms

bad anxiety symptoms can cause you to have vertigo as well.

sinus infection and sinus inflammation can cause vertigo and dizziness

What can I do to make this better

drinking more water and fluids can help

do you have sinus congestion? runny nose?

I have sinus congestion and pressure.

that can cause a sinus infection and cause dizziness and vertigo symptoms

you should see a doctor

you may need a course of antibitoics to treat a sinus infection to clear your sinus symptoms to help your dizziness

your dizziness now would not be due to your alcohol

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com