Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had some mild to severe pain in my lower abdomen to days…

Hi, I had some...

Hi, I had some mild to severe pain in my lower abdomen to days ago

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

By the end of the night in got to my left testicle it*

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was working out the other day but otherwise nothing else

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

Is this pain radiating to your testicle? Any swelling or redness? Any urinary or genital symptoms?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
for the last two days, the pain has been very mild. no swelling, no redness. No discharge. No pain while urinating.
This happened that one night. I did however take an antibiotic that night, and today.

Did you experience testicular pain or pain in groin?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Left testicle, and pain in the left abdomen. I dont feel any lumps on the testicle, or any hernia bumps.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This was all that one night when the pain was significant, but the pain now i far milder. I did workout very heavily the day before, but I dont remember if I physically hurt my groin.

Thanks for the information.

This is very typical for epididymo-orchitis and your symptoms are consistent with it. Most of the time it's infection, but sometimes injury in that area may be the cause of these symptoms. You are already on antibiotics, you will feel much better as your move on. In the meantime, avoid further pressure in that area. You can use OTC paind meds as well.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you think i should got to a doctor just in case?

Since your symptoms are getting better no need to rush, but make sure you complete the course of antibiotics.

Take care.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much!

You are welcome!

Thanks for visiting justanswer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sorry, one last question. Is it also a sign that my left upper thigh has also felt strange. Like a slight pain also.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
left lower back

Yes, it quite likely all these pain are related and infection would be the likley cause since it can involve these areas and cause pain.

Take care

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor