Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My mom's right ear lobe is turning dark. She has been

My mom's right ear...

My mom's right ear lobe is turning dark

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?

She has been hearing some ringing in the ear over past couple of days, she is 70 year old. NO cold or flu

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She has been feeling dizzy, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and was admitted to ER two weeks ago due to dizziness, high blood pressure, and tingling finger tips and toes they sent her back with prilosec she is suffering from acidity, gas problems

3/18/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Can you send me a picture of the lobe?
How long have you been noticing this darkening?

we noticed it yesterday
how can i send the picture?
please confirm the receipt of the picture.

Yeah, I just got it. Let me just have a moment.

ok

Is this just one ear?

the other one looks normal and she has no ear pain. But she could hear ear ringing whole night last night ans could not sleep

Dear friend, the lesion in the external auditory canal represents a HIperkeratosis, in the case of its made it must be studied since this lesions can be due to an injury of the skin of the ear that is originated by multiplication of the skin in that zone some malignant lesions and tumours of the skin of the external auditory canal must be discarded, there are some conditions such as keratosis obturans and other lesions that must be ruled out and an examination of the auditory canal is necessary because there may be more internal lesions.
At this time I suggest you request a consultation with an Otolaryngologist to rule out such injuries.
For Pain you should take 200mg ibuprofen every 8 hours, do not put anything in the ear until evaluated.

Do you have any doubt?

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Thank you for your response. we will consult a doctor.

its has been a pleasure.

hope this information will be helpful.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Edgar Rubio Villegas