Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’m having stomach cramps like I need to use the bathroom;

I’m having stomach cramps...

I’m having stomach cramps like I need to use the bathroom; #2, since early this morning. I went a few times but it was only a little. Now when I feel like I have to go it’s blood and blood clots. This has happened 3 times so far. Do I need immediate medical attention?

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

Since 4 am today. I felt nausea when it started but now now. The cramping is coming and going

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

Okay

Do you have a history of hemorrhoids? Do you have a fever? Taking any medication?

Sometimes they bother me but not that I have to use medication. I take Bencar for blood pressure but been on that for many years

It sounds like you may have acute diverticulitis. May I suggest you go to an Urgent Care Center now for evaluation. If you do have Diverticulitis, you will need antibiotics and possible IV fluids. Please don't ignore your symptoms.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

thank you

You are welcome.

Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor