Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I've had an minor earache for weeks. Today it is worse. What…

I've had an minor...

I've had an minor earache for weeks. Today it is worse. What should I do? Warm compresses, aspirin?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you experiencing any dizziness? Do you have a fever?

No to both.

3/18/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

are you having sinus congestion, stuffy nose symptoms? this can cause fluid to be in your inner ear

did you get water in your ear canal?

71 and no to the other questions.

have you tried warm compresses or aspirin or tylenol yet?

No thank you
No compresses but that was my next step. I'm at work so I'll do it later. Just curious.
I think you have answered my question.Thank you.

sometimes yawning and thrusting your lower jaw forward at the same time can help open up your eustachian tube which can help drain fluid out of your inner ear down into your sinuses and throat.

tylenol or advil or aspirin can help some patients as well

make sure you take them with food in your stomach

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician