Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm having real pain putting weight on my foot and am using…

Customer Question
I'm having real pain...

I'm having real pain putting weight on my foot and am using a crutch right now to move around. I injured my ankle a few months back and it took a long time to get right. My foot seemed to move over on the inside. Is this problem lightly to be caused by weak ankles which I have been told I have by my physio? (Should mention have had three knee replacements in total, now working well but knee is beginning to hurt I think because I am walking with difficulty) Are ankle strengthening exercises initially the forward? Tks

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No heat, no swelling at all. I can feel it when I sit but it is the standing - ouch!

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Probably not related to this. Aged sixty years, otherwise healthy. Have maintained a long term habit of regular cycling for many years though this winter for the first time this has become somewhat less. ( I live in the Netherlands)

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/18/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 4 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you ?

how did you injure your ankle?

did you see a doctor after you injured your ankle?

what is your height and weight?

it sounds like you need to see a doctor for more testing like a foot and ankle xray and doctor's exam.