Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am experiencing mild discomfort to severe spikes of pain…

I am experiencing mild...

I am experiencing mild discomfort to severe spikes of pain in my abdomen on the left side under my ribs and lower. Noticed fresh, red, blood in my stool this morning. Mild symptoms noticed about 4 days ago. Now persistent. Is this an urgent condition (ER room visit) or something for an office visit when available? What comes to mind as possible causes?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

Eating seems to make it worse.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Treated for parasitic intestinal condition in January 2018 (blastocystitis hominus) Took prescribed meds and symptoms went away.

3/18/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Thank you. I'm waiting.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The condition having fresh red colored blood in stool is called hematochezia. Generally, the closer the bleeding site is to the anus, the blood will be a brighter red. This blood is coming from lower gastro intestinal tract. Its most common causes are: hemorrhoids,anal fissures,diverticular bleeding,intestinal infection (such as bacterial enterocolitis),inflammatory bowel disease, ulcerative collitis,crohn's disease.

The pain in left upper abdomen can most likely be related to your blood in stool.

You need following tests:

-Stool examination,

-Anoscopy

-Ultrasound of lower abdomen,

-Rectal examination

-Colonoscopy

As of now,this does not seem to be an urgent visit to ER. If the pain gets very severe,then urgent care/hospital visit may be required accordingly.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Possible that my parasitic infection has returned?

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

One among the may possibility is this can be a parasitic infection.

Hemorrhoids is another most probable cause of fresh red blood in stool.

Stool examination & other tests as described above are to be done for making the exact diagnosis.

Please do not worry. There is nothing serious or dangerous about this and it is treatable with medications.

Please consult your doctor for these tests & examination.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor