Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have some tendeness around the sternum, some bloating for…

Hi, I have some...

Hi, I have some tendeness around the sternum, some bloating for a few days and as of this morning, bloody nose

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?

No breathing problems, I noted the tenderness several days ago....its not really painful but it is definitely noticable

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Pre diabetic, overweight, history of cancer in my family

3/18/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having these symptoms.

how old are you?

you could be having some acid reflux of stomach acid coming up from your stomach into your chest to cause tenderness around your sternum and bloating symptoms

stomach acid reducers can help decrease stomach acid.

bloody nose can come from dry air in the home from the heater. a little vasaline moisturizer in your nose can help moisturize your nasal passage and can prevent bloody nose from dry air.

50 years old.
Also, when I press my fingers around the area that is tender ocassionally I have felt what feels like a lump but its not every timel

it doesn't sound like a growth

it sounds like you could have acid reflux

or inflammation of your ribs.

improving your diet, eating more fruits and vegetables

and cutting out gluten, white flour, sugar, fried foods could help

thank you

you are welcome

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician