Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I tripped and fell on my chin 3 weeks ago. It bruised and…

I tripped and fell...

I tripped and fell on my chin 3 weeks ago. It bruised and after about 4-5 days later two hard lumps formed on my chin next to each other. The lumps are still there and have not gone down at all. Should I be worried?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?

The lumps have been there for about 2 1/2 weeks and are hard.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you?

Do you have any other symptom? pain?

Are they attached to bone?

Did you consult doctor or have any test?

Did you take any medicine?

50 years old, no other symptoms or pain. they don't seem to be attached to my chin bone. didn't consult doctor or have any test. no medicine. From what I have read, it is probably a hematoba...is that what you think it is, and when should they go away?

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
The hard lumps are likely to be hematoma.
Those are organized collection of blood.
Those would get absorbed gradually.
You can apply warm, moist compress.
If those get bigger or become painful, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

are you still there?

I sent this answer.

Have you got it?

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Those would get absorbed gradually.
You can apply warm, moist compress.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Thank you