Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I recently spoke with a doctor and i got good advice...but I…

Hello I recently spoke with...
Hello I recently spoke with a doctor and i got good advice...but I would like a second opinion does brusing due to stragulation still stay on the deceased neck?
3/18/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Ok thank you

Yes, bruising on the neck along with other signs of strangulation stay on the neck of the deceased.

The wind pipe will be broken, there will be venous engorgement on the face and the neck, the eyes will have proptosis (protruding out), the tongue may have bite marks on it, there will be broken cartilages and there will be ruptured neck muscles. So, along with bruising on the neck there will be many signs that will remain on the deceased persons neck that can help experts to identify and confirm strangulation.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Thank you ever ever so much,just one other thing doctor if you don't mind can these sighs be visable before a autopsy is performed

Yes, some are definitely visible - the bruising is very evident and so is the proptosis of the eyes, tongue bite, engorged veins, are all visible to the naked eye.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Thank you doctor...you have been a massive help.

Glad I could help.