Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I use marijuana I buy from a legal pot shop in state. I use…

I use marijuana lotion...

I use marijuana lotion I buy from a legal pot shop in washington state. I use it everyday at least 2x. Can it make me fail a Urine Analysis?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I have 2 herniated discs....

Just a note that I use it liberally 3x a day usually.
3/18/2018
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

The bioavailability of THC from a lotion is just about zero. A transdermal patch will place THC into the bloodstream and into your urine. The lotions do not have the ability to pass the skin barrier and enter the bloodstream unless they are formulated as a patch. I will assume you use the lotion for pain control and it is effective. In this case, you may test positive since you use it daily. I wish I could give you a more specific answer as to time, but without knowing how the lotion is formulated, that is impossible.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

I do use it liberally. And, yes it helps. Especially as an alternative to surgery. It does not give me any mind altering effects. I just need to show that it is possible to a court. I do not smoke, eat, or anything like that. But, it has helped. Just looking for confirmation from a doctor that it can make the UA test positive.

The lotion has a low THC level (zero mind-altering) so you have a good chance of passing the urine test. It certainly can make the UA test positive.

Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor