Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I got the flu on Thursday. My whole body aches. what can I…

I got the flu...

I got the flu on Thursday. My whole body aches. what can I do?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I have not been to the doctor. I have been taking ibprophen every couple hours. This does help. Is there anything else I can do?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I am normally a very healthy person.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

OK Thank you.

How old are you? Male/ Female?

How is your temperature?
Do you have any other symptom? sore throat?

I am 56. Female. I have had a fever off and on for 3 days. Probably around 100 degrees or so. But ibprophen helps. Very sore throat and coughing is painful. I can't eat at all. but I am drinking lots of water. I take a hot shower every day when the pain is the worst and it helps a lot. My sinuses are congested and I can stand any cooking smells. I try to get up and walk around a lot. Any other suggestions?
I "can't" stand any cooking smells.....

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
The symptoms sound can be a viral infection.
All viral ones are not flu.
Viral infection usually gets over in 3-5 days, sometimes get prolonged.
Advil or tylenol cold can be taken.
Please take plenty of fluid.
Have adequate rest.
You can do warm salt,water gargling.
1/2 tsf salt in 8 oz. of warm water would be good.
Please keep the room warm & humidified.
You can have one humidifier on.
I hope all these measures would give relief.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
A throat swab can be tested to check for a bacterial infection.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
thank you