Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Experienced chest pain last night after taking medications…

Experienced chest pain last...

Experienced chest pain last night after taking medications and gone to bed I feel it's in digestion but I still have pain after suffering all night should I go to the emergency

Doctor's Assistant: Have you used this medication or anything similar before?

Yes I have

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the pain?

This just happened last night no I have not seen a doctor today

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Like what I could sit here while I need help

3/18/2018
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant with over 13 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

I would like to ask few details regarding your symptoms/question to assist you more efficiently.

What is your age?

Do you smoke?

Is there any shortness of breath?

65. No. No.
Waiting for an answer

Thank you.

As per standard guidelines, any new or unusual chest pain should always be evaluated, at ER to rule out cardiac problem like arrhythmia or a circulation abnormality.

This may turn out to be a simple gastritis (stomach inflammation) but ruling out a cardiac problem is mandatory to make sure nothing serious is missed and you are safe, and also to put your mind/stress at ease.

A simple EKG at ER will be the most useful test to rule out any such possibility.

So yes, you should have this evaluated ASAP.

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Please do not forget to Click and Give 5 Star Rating (at the top of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.

Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor