Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My father in law is an epileptic and recently has had an…

My father in law...

My father in law is an epileptic and recently has had an increase in frequency as well as intensity of his seizures. We discovered he has been ordering and taking male enhancement pills such as libidogene and cianix. It says prior medical conditions contact your doctor. He also takes medicine for high blood pressure on top of his seizure medicine. Thank you for any help you can offer

Doctor's Assistant: When was your father-in-law prescribed this medication? How severe were any side effects?

He has been taking seizure medicine most of his life blood pressure for some years now but the male enhancement pills have just been within the last couple months.. we have been wondering why he is having so many and so intense of seizures and when we found these we wondered if this could be the cause

Doctor's Assistant: Has he used anything besides for this?

Not as far as I'm aware of but as I said we just recently discovered these new "dietary supplements" nothing came up in his tox screen during his last hospitalization due to a very intense seizure

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in his medical history you think the doctor should know?

No just high blood pressure and seizures he has lost a fair amount of weight which we attributed to losing his wife last January he eats a lot but is still losing... we think now it's due to these pills as well

3/18/2018
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your father in law's symptoms. I just came online to see that you have been waiting for some time so ill quickly answer this question for you. Actually, from what you are describing it sounds like that his seizures have definitely worsened over the last few months. The use of these two supplements can certainly be the cause for that happening. There are some ingredients in these two supplements which can interact with some seizure medications and decrease the levels in the body and cause the seizures to become frequent. Additionally, the ingredients in these supplements can sometimes also trigger a seizure in some patients. Some of these supplements are not recommended for patients like your father in law.

Ideally, these two supplements should be stopped and the levels of the antiepileptic drugs that he is on should be checked. But the supplements should be stopped as soon as possible.

Do you have any more questions?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU I really appreciate your help in this matter we have been fighting about it we took them away and flushed them because we had our suspicions ANF would rather be safe than sorry but really wanted the advice from a professional to put this all behind us you have helped more than you know

You're welcome, I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today, do remember to rate me by clicking on the stars above your screen as that is how we are compensated for helping you today. Any BONUSES would be well appreciated!

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Absofreakinlutely 5 stars I was about to ask what I can do to give you a great review.... thank you again have a great day..... money well spent...

Happy to help! best of luck!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hope my review is helpful and encourages others to use this service. 5 star all the way...

Thank you for the review and rating, i appreciate it.

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor