Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have raised round small blood spots on both ankles an a…

I have raised round...

I have raised round small blood spots on both ankles an a smaller amount up to my knees. Painless and sudden.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

The only reason I found them is my left ankle felt bruised on the bone. No bruising there, but feels bruised. Spots are on both legs. I just discovered this, so nothing worse now.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing.

3/18/2018

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo of that for me on this page?

Here is a photo
The photo does not show the red color of the raised spots. Blood filled.

Got those--hold on please

Better photo

That looks like a vasculitis problem--inflammation of the blood vessels there

It could be an allergic reaction to something--new soaps, detergents, foods, etc but often the trigger isn't determined

For now I suggest either benadryl or Claritin and topical Caladryl lotion

But unless it clears in two or three days you should have your doctor evaluate it

Please let me know if you need any more information

Thank you, Doctor! I will take your advice.

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you