Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have like red spots on my penis head also there is like…

I have like red...

I have like red spots on my penis head also there is like white not its itchy often and there is like white thing on it not like blister or discharged more like white crumbs off material not sure how to call them

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

2 days now when i wash its okey for a while but then rednes apers again and white thing and itchy again

It feels like its imflamed
3/18/2018
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Do you have a picture of the spots that you can attach here? Also have you had unprotected intercourse in the last few weeks? Also what is your age?

I had intercourse but with protection a week ago for pic i can send some
Im 31

Thank you for the additional information, ill wait for the picture.

Its like all red

Thanks for the additional information, let me just write down an answer for you and ill get back to you in a few mins.

Thanks doc

Actually, from the pictures and the description, it looks and sounds like that you could have developed balanitis. This is an infection of the head of the penis which can be due to a bacterial infection or even due to a fungal infection. This could have been acquired because of the sexual intercourse however in most patients, it is acquired from the general environment. This would be diagnosed on a simple clinical examination as well as urine cultures, urine analysis and maybe even a urethral swab of the area. Once diagnosed it would need to be treated with oral antibiotics and oral antifungal medications which should solve the problem after using them for a period of 7-14 days.

Another cause of this would be related to an STD, it is possible that this can be due to an STD, however, the chances of that happening are very low. But given the intercourse, it is important to get screened for them nonetheless. A simple urine and blood test would exclude this as a cause.

Lastly, i would consider the possibility of eczema or contact dermatitis as well. this would occur because of contact with a new detergent, new personal hygiene products among others, In this case, topical steroids like hydrocortisone cream would be able to solve the problem.

I would suggest that you start with the hydrocortisone BUT do get evaluated as soon as possible.

Do you have any more questions?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali