Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

A family member who is a child 8 years of age has skin

allergies and has been diagnosed...
A family member who is a child 8 years of age has skin allergies and has been diagnosed following a blood test with anaphylactic reaction. What is this reaction and how could it be cured or what is needed to cure it
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

When exposed to something they’re allergic to, some people experience a potentially life-threatening reaction called anaphylaxis. This reaction is called as anaphylactic reaction.It needs to be treated right away.

Epinephrine is the most effective treatment for anaphylaxis, and the shot should be given right away.

Anti histamines such as diphenhydramine) and histamine-2 (H2) blockers (such as cimetidine) are given intravenously until symptoms disappear.

Tests will be done to find out the allergen & to prevent/avoid it in future.

Family member should always carry a self-administered epinephrine. During an anaphylactic attack, the child should be given the drug using an autoinjector (EpiPen, etc).

Please do not worry & follow the above described measures.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

May I help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

Dear customer

Thank you for the words of appreciation & for using just answer website.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor