Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Recently I've experienced single point left chest pain I had…

Recently I've experienced single...

Recently I've experienced single point left chest pain I had been to emergency and was told no sign of heart attack but check with cardio

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

No I dont have any issue while breathing, sizing or laughing

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have sinusitis

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am having single point left chest pain

Please reply to the following queries to answer you better.
How old are you? Male/ Female?
Since when are you having the symptom?

How frequently do you feel the pain?
Do you have any other symptom?
Any other past illness?
Did you have any test in ER?
Did doctor prescribe any medicine?
I shall answer your question soon after I get those information.
Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How old are you? Male/ Female : 35/Male
Since when are you having the symptom? About a weekHow frequently do you feel the pain? The pain is consistent on the left chest on a single point.
Do you have any other symptom? I feel like mild consistent burn/just discomfort. I dont have any pain during breathing at all.
Any other past illness? No
Did you have any test in ER?
Did doctor prescribe any medicine? Doctor asked to take Ibuprufen to pain relief but need to check a cardio.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Your symptoms sound to be due to musculoskeletal cause.
It is likely due to to inflammation of joint of ribs with cartilage called costochondritis.
The cause is not often clear.
A viral infection can cause it.
Overuse of arm, minor trauma may play a role.
You can take analgesic antiinflammatory medicine like Motrin after food as the doctor suggested.
Warm application can be soothing.
Sometimes local steroid injection and antiinflammatory or analgesic patch can be used.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor again.
A few tests like EKG, X ray/ CT scan, blood work can be taken.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Dr Su S
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)