Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have found a small lump below my earlobe under my skin…

I have found a...

I have found a small lump below my earlobe under my skin along the jawline on the e left side of my face. Is there lymph nodes in that area? It's straight down from my earlobe

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?

No I just found it tonight

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. I am a type two diabetic but nothing else. I thought it might be a bug bite but after feeling it and comparing it to the right side, I am thinking it is not. I feels like a pea size.

3/18/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Is it painful?

Can you send a picture?

It is not painful. It feels like a peasize . I felt itchy along my hailing early in week. But if you take your finger along my skin directly below my earlobe you can feel it.
It's hard to see it.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
I understand your anxiety.
Lymph node is normally present here.
This can be an enlarged lymph node.
A skin cyst like epidermoid cyst is possible.
Lymph nodes normally enlarge during infection as protective mechanism of the body.

Once the lymph nodes are enlarged, it may take long time to regress.

A bacterial or viral infection can cause enlarged lymph node.

A small node like this is not worrying.

If it enlarges or gets painful or multiple nodes begin to appear, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.

I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Thanks. Appreciate it.

You are always welcome.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Dr. Su S.,
I made an appt. with my practioner this past Monday, he said he believes it is a fatty lump/small mass,not uncommon, that is not cancerous. He said by checking it not to worry. Thank you for your help and follow up! It is appreciated.

Thank you for the follow up.
It is likely a collection of fat cells or lipoma.
It is benign.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm regards.