Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My adult son choked on rice and chicken. up saliva for 2…

Customer Question
My adult son choked...

My adult son choked on rice and chicken. Spit up saliva for 2 hours. Feels like something is stuck in esophagus. We don't know what to do. Thank you.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Just can't get food lodged in esophagus to be relieved.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. Super healthy.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/18/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 4 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Does he have any breathing difficulty?

How old is he?

Did he take any medicine?

No difficulty breathing. 30.
No medicine. Can you call me.

Your phone call request failed.
Please wait.
I am writing the answer.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for his symptoms.
He can try to take something which can stick & carry it down.
He can take banana, white bread.
Those would push down if any piece is still there.
Please tell him try to drink plenty of fluid like plain water.
It would have a soothing effect.
Liquid antacid can also give relief.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish him healthy life.
Regards.