Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Have a friend who is considering a... I have a friend who is…

have a friend who is...
have a friend who is considering a...
I have a friend who is considering a procedure called a P shot with embryonic cells. His girlfriend left him six months ago and he moved to another state. He has been keeping quite busy remodeling his home. He is quite active, eats a healthy diet but has confided in me that he suffers from ED.Heis in a new dating situation but his girlfriend is not ready to have sex. She lost her husband two years ago and wants to "wait". He tells me that he is having fun with her but the relationship has not progressed.I suggested that maybe the "chemistry" may not be there and it might be better to see if he meets someone else who is physically (sexually) attracted to him, before having the procedure. If the procedure does work, how long does it last? Also, if he has the procedure and his girlfriend still does not want to have sex, I think he will be more emotionally stressed out than he is now with his "ED" problem.Are there any bad side effects from having this procedure? Thanks for any advice you can give!
3/18/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

The first step in ED is to know the cause of it by the investigations. Following investigations are mandatory before going for the treatment;

1) All hormones; thyroid, prolactin, testosterone, adrenal functions.

2) Autonomic nervous system testing;

Penile thermal sensory testing

3) Somatic nervous system testing;

Penile glans biothesiometry

Bulbocavernosus reflex latency test

4) Penile magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)

5) Penile angiography

6) Duplex ultrasonography

7) Combined intracavernous injection and stimulation

This will determine, if he would be benefitted by the P shot with embryonic cells. Also before it, he should try the conventional medicines like Cialis, Levitra or Viagra. If these fail, there are other treatment too which need to be tried before the P shot.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My friend tried viagra and it did not do much for him. What other treatments do you suggest before the P shot!

For the management of the erectile dysfunctions, one needs to go in step wise fashion, as following;

1) The first step; Oral PDE-5 inhibitors remain the first-line therapy for the treatment of ED in men with no contraindications to their use. The medications are, sildenafil (Viagra), vardenafil (Levitra) and tadalafil (Cialis).

IF ABOVE FAILS or CAN'T BE USED;

2) The second step;

a) intraurethral suppositories,

b) the vacuum device, and

c) intracavernous injection.

IF THIS IS NOT AN OPTION OR FAILS

3) Combination therapies;

a) Sildenafil Plus Intraurethral Prostaglandin E1

b) Oral PDE-5 Inhibitors Plus Intracavernous Injection of Prostaglandin E1

c) Sildenafil Combined with an Oral Alpha-Antagonist

d) Intracavernous Prostaglandin E1 Combined with Oral Alpha-Antagonist

e) Vacuum device and intracavernous injection therapy

f) Testosterone Plus Sildenafil

So out of these, certainly some will help him and should be employed before the P shot.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor