Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter is taking Cefdinir. Per bronchitis. Within an…

My daughter is taking...

My daughter is taking Cefdinir. Per bronchitis. Within an hour after first sa Within an hour of the first dose, she became very irritable. She's having difficulty sleeping. Her behavior has changed as well, and she's only taken 2 doses. How long do these side effects last for after the last dose?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

This is for my daughter that is 1. She doesn't take any, and none that I'm aware of

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. Just how long side effects like these last. And are they normal with Cefdinir?

3/18/2018
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

I would not give her any more medicine

I would call the clinic and ask for something different

these could be serious side effects

Thank you. I do not like this antibiotic, and I am stopping it until I consult the doctor Monday. I do not like the way she has been since starting it

I totally agree

and I can tell you that most cases of bronchitis are viral and don't need antibiotics

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor