Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I went to the er today for chest pain and they gave me a gi…

I went to the...

I went to the er today for chest pain and they gave me a gi cocktail. They told me they believed I had inflammation in my chest and told me to take 2 IB three times a day for 7 days. Since I have taken the gi cocktail i have been very nauseous, cannot stay out of the bathroom and burbing. Is this normal?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?

I had shortness of breath earlier today but not so much now.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have sjogrens syndrom but that’s about it

3/18/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Which GI cocktail are you taking?

Please write the composition with mg. in it.

I’m not exactly sure as it was given to me at the hospital. They did not provide that information fully in my discharge papers

When did you visit ER?

I was there from about 6pm-8pm cst

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Though the exact composition is not clear the effect of GI Cocktail would not last long.
It would be over in a day.
You can try to take plenty of fluid like oral rehydration solution to prevent dehydration.
Gas X can help to reduce gas & burping.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
Other issues like an infection needs to be checked for.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Thank you. Can I take pepto to help? I wasn’t sure if that was ok or just try gas x on top of the gi cocktail?

Pepto can help.

It would reduce the frquency.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)