Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My left wrist and thumb have been very painful for the past…

Second opinion] my left...

Second opinion] my left wrist and thumb have been very painful for the past several weeks and heat, icing, immobilizing have not helped. Very limited range of motion .

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

At least three to four weeks, bending hand toward palm, using hand to open, close doors, getting dressed

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had a serious injury to the base of that thumb about 35 years ago, and have hasd carpal tunnel and other surgeries on that hand. Third finger triggering, and fell using both hands to break fall late January

3/18/2018
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry for the delayed response as I was busy with patients in hospital

There are two main possibilities to consider

One is that it could be a compressed nerve causing numbness and pain and second thing could be an injury to soft tissue

You should have an MRI and nerve conduction velocity to evaluate further and then get treatment accordingly

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

I'm hoping that you are not charging me another $43 for this second opinion. It said that the second opinion was free. Please do not charge me any additional amounts, and end this conversation immediately. I have the info requested and have contacted a local physician to address the problem! Please remove my credit card information from your database.

Please contact customer service for any assistance on this issue

Regards

DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor