Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I having low hum in Rt ear since last week. I take ambien cr…

Hi, I having low...

Hi, I having low hum in Rt ear since last week. I take ambien cr for 10yrs could this be the problem.. or something else? anxiety?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

1 week.. sometimes it will lessen up ..seems better wehn i lay down.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Take lexapro and 1tab of xanax for s;leep.. history of anxiety.

3/18/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Do you hear ringing sensation in ear?

Age?

Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Dear,

Thanks for staying Online.

I am posting my answer below-

Well, such symptoms can come due to the damage to the microscopic endings of the hearing nerve in the inner ear.The advancing age is generally accompanied by a certain amount of hearing nerve impairment and tinnitus.

It can be due to these below causes-

Allergy, high or low blood pressure (blood circulation problems), a tumor, diabetes, thyroid problems.

It can also be related with anxiety issue.

This is not related with side effect of Ambien cr.

You may be requiring X-ray, Balance test,Lab work for precise diagnosis.

You should use below tips-

1.Avoid exposure to loud noises and sounds.

2.Decrease your intake of salt.

3.Avoid stimulants such as caffeine and nicotine.

4.Exercise daily, get adequate rest, and avoid fatigue.

5. You can Mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a little honey in a glass of water. and than Drink this solution two or three times daily until the ringing sensation in the ears stops.

6. You can Fry two crushed garlic cloves in one tablespoon of sesame oil. Than After straining and letting it cool, and put two or three drops of the oil into the ear canal. You can Do this daily at night before going to bed. Continue for about one week.

Please use above measures, and get it further clinically evaluated from your doctor.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Reply. Im 64 yrs old. The sound is sorta like if your ear has wax build up but can still hear. this more like a low hum than a ringing.
Yes im taking lexapro and 1/2 xanax for sleep. this started suddenly last week. yes i take anxiety med listed. I also cleaned ear of all wax with peroxide/water and debrox ..no different. jsut in right ear.

Thanks for these additional details.

I am typing your answer.

Please wait for few minutes.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Well, such low hum in only one ear, can be related with-allergies.

And usually they are mild, and a temporary problem .
The reason can also be- Obstruction in the eustachian tubes. Eustachian tube lies in between your middle ears and the back of your nose.

You can take OTC zyrtec or claritin for one week.

Another important home treatment is Menthol steam inhalation - add Menthol salts (available OTC) to a bowl of steaming water and inhale the steam two - three times daily - this will relieve the symptoms.

You can Fry two crushed garlic cloves in one tablespoon of sesame oil. Than After straining and letting it cool, and put two or three drops of the oil into the ear canal. You can Do this daily at night before going to bed. Continue for about one week.

No need to get panic. This is temporary, and symptoms would surely improve with above measures.

God bless you and take care.

Don’t forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Well Im a christian beliver too. church prayed today 2 peter 2:24 and by his stripes im healed. Wise Dr advise ..God uses too. Im taking fluticasone propriponate spray ..will that work insted of claritin? I am maturity onset diabetic but well controlled with metformin and gliprinoside.Ill try your remedies too. Are you saying since on one side only not due to anxiety?

Yes, FLONASE (fluticasone propionate) Nasal Spray would be very useful. It is a corticosteroid spray.

Along with this, you can take OTC Clairtin, this is antihistamine used to treat the symptoms of allergy.

You can use both of them.

Yes, as you had such symptoms on only side, so chances of anxiety are slim.

Please use measures, as discussed and you would get good results.

Take care.

If you are done,then please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor