Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’m currently waiting to se a gi specialist and an internal…

Hello. I’m currently waiting to...
Hello. I’m currently waiting to se a gi specialist and an internal med because my family physician does not know what to do of all this. I’ve been feeling ill ( weak unwell nausea ) for couple of months. I’ve been also having pale stool sticky( not white just pale brown -yellow ) that’s not going back to normal ...for almost a year. And the only thing that came up on tests is a mildly longer spleen.. at 14,5 cm, a 4 mm micro cyst on liver and my urobilinogene is 34 instead of 17.
The bilirubin is ok. And the LFT are ok as well.
Any idea? I also have abdominal discomfort. The urobilinogene increased makes sense with the pale stool. However it does not because all the other values are normal range.
3/18/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having these symptoms

have you tried to go gluten free and milk free to see if this would help your symptoms

for many patients, going gluten free, avoiding white flour, sugar, pasta, bread, milk can often help their bowels work better.

I’ve tried it

you should keep a food diary of what you are eating to see what foods bother your GI system the most and what foods cause the most nausea.

Ok

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician