Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can urobilinogene rise in urine before clinical jaundice?

Can urobilinogene rise in urine...
Can urobilinogene rise in urine before clinical jaundice ?
3/18/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi...urobilinogen usually rises concurrently along with clinical jaundice. Unless the bilirubin value is more than 3, it will not be evident in the clinical examination and same rule holds for urobilinogen in the urine please. It is extremely rare for urobilinogen to raise in urine before clinical jaundice.

Hope I have attended your query to your satisfaction. I will be happy to help if there are any further questions in this regard and be of assistance to you please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no worries?

Yes, no worries.

May I request you to upload all the images of any new blood tests you have done please.

If all the liver function tests are normal, simple fasting can cause this.

Blood break down and certain congenital hyperbilirubinemias can cause this.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can’t stop being worried because I don’t feel good
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am scared it’s a liver disease
I have a 4 mm cust on the liver. But dr was not concerned
Hi... 4 millimetres cyst in the liver is very common phenomenon.
Your doctors are right. Unless the cyst is creating any problems in the form of obstruction or severe form of Jaundice or any other symptoms like bleeding manifestations you need not worry about the small cyst.
May I know the reason why you are not feeling good is it just a feeling or are you having any physical problem in your health.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have no strength to do my basic tasks. Even dressing my kids takes too much out of me
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nausea
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just feeling run down and general unwell
Hi... By what you say I feel that once you have known about the diagnosis of a small cyst in the liver that is taking a big toll on your general anxiety.If you don't mind may I have a look at your recent liver function test and CBC if you have done any again.I am asking them only to reassure you again and not out of doubt please.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I did nothing new
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s just that with the pale stool ( it really is pale ) and the unwell ness
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also my dad passed away of high grade neuroendocrin cancer of unknown origin. So I’m worried it’s related
Then do not worry at all please. I very well remember that everything was in order and you did not have any anaemia suggestive of hemolysis.
All your liver parameters were also normal.
May I request you to send me an image of The Pale stool next time you go to washroom.
As a doctor I would see that and then guide you if it is really necessary to do any more further test.
This is not at all related to the neuroendocrine tumor which your father had.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It really is pale. Something is off with it. It’s been a year. I never get the chocolate brown
Please upload the image of the stool and I will get back to you.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just feel so weak I can barely go to the washroom sometimes.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just don’t know what it could be and neither does my dr.
I am there to help you, first I will see the pale stools and then I will guide you on what next to be done please.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok then
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m just scared that I’m suffering form something serious that is not found and that It’s not treatable. And that we can’t figure out what’s wrong
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I also have pain in si area. And they saw 9 mm non specific bone edema. Again they said it’s nothing
And have pain on the bones on the top of my head. And again ... said it’s nothing
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t know if all can be related
Hi... I do not think that all these three symptoms are related at all.In medicine always one plus one should add up to 2.
What I am trying to tell you is that for example if there is fever of more than 7-8 day duration with coated tongue and enlarged liver and spleen we will consider typhoid.But in the same way all the 3 of your symptoms are not adding up to any one particular diagnosis as of now.That is the reason by probably you can be reassured that nothing serious is going on.One more main reason why you can be rest assured is that pale stools without any serious manifestations cannot go on like this for a year. If something serious is really going on that disease would have showed itself up by this time if it is a life-threatening condition or seriously debilitating condition.So try to be peaceful and less anxious and everything will fall in line please.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I understand
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m a pharmacist with a previous degree in human physiology
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it does not add up for me either
Hi... I am delighted to know that you are a person with medical field experience. Please get back to me with image of the stools so that we will proceed further from there on.
I reassure you that if it is really required I will guide you through all the tests which are to be included and we will analyse the situation and get a solution for you.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank u
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Or like this. It’s darker in the photo
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
These are the darker ones
Hi... I have seen the images and both are normal stool. Nothing to worry about them.This type of stool does not warrant evaluation as a pale stool and other investigations for a liver related disorders.You can be hundred percent be rest assured that you do not have any liver related disorder causing a pale stool.As far as urobilinogen in urine is concerned, I would suggest you just leave it alone, as you do not have any signs or symptoms or biochemical tests suggestive of a liver disorder please." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But my stool used to be dark brown
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Like chocolate.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I know that it’s not acholic stool that I have. But it’s a different color than what it used ton
Be
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I swear I’m not being a hypochondriac. It’s really just that I’m trying to figure out what’s wrong
Even I understand your concern.
But at the same time I am not in a position to comment on the previous colour, but as of now even this one does not qualify as a pale stool requiring medical attention or lab investigation please.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not even if it was darker previously?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What investigation would you do ?
I do not think so, because, now the present colour is normal if it was darker also it does not mean anything.I am not telling you that your worries are unreal.I am just telling that we will keep the options open and that right now you do not warrant further investigations, nor do you have any serious health problem.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. But can the urobilinogene be high due to the fact that I haven’t been drinking enough fluids ? Like by concentrating effect ?
High urobilinogen in the urine can be scene in the scenario which you have told especially in dehydration due to high urinary concentration.This can occur in concentrated urine and also during starvation which I have already explain to you in my previous interaction in another thread.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry to bother you. Last time. This is usually the color of my stool. It’s not brown. To me it’s pale. Especially because it was not like this previously. Is this still normal in your opinion ?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
To me this looks pale brown yellow
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s mostly this pale color. Never darker
This is a completely normal stool in my opinion.
Please take out the idea that you are having a pale coloured stool.
As I told you everything is not fitting into one place which is going to give a diagnosis which is bad and another issue is that you cannot have pale coloured stools which are pathological going on like this for 1 year without the disease manifesting itself without any other complications.
So please be rest assured
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Thank you
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD