Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Recently started on lasix 20 and potassium for pulmonary…

Recently started on lasix...

Recently started on lasix 20 and potassium for pulmonary hypertension.

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Now at night I am having leg and foot cramps. I do have treated hypertension. I have seen a cardiologist last week

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

The doctors know it all . Right side pons stroke then aspiration pneumonia 15 days in rehab and continuing out patient PT.

3/18/2018
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Hello. Thank you for your patience. I am so sorry for the long wait, but I have been busy taking care of patients and have just now come online. Would you like my help with your question today?

My password ***** not work so I gave up!!Of course I would like an answer. Louise

What dose of potassium?

10 MEQ's

Your kidney function could be off from lasix

was it checked?

no not checked kidney function. louise

That should be checked

lasix is well known to cause electrolyte issues and this can result in cramps

this should be done as soon as you can get it

is this helpful?

I decided to take an extra K last night and had less cramps. will ask about the kidney function next visit!Thanks Louise

welcome :)

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Thanks again. But I did not authorize an amount of 25.00 Can you explain? Louise

I have no idea about that Louise

I just work for the site so I don't see any of your payments
I just get a percentage of what you pay

So you would have to contact customer service

I can forward you there