Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’m temporarily on more meds than usual because of an

Customer Question
I’m temporarily on more...

I’m temporarily on more meds than usual because of an upcoming surgery . The meds keep fluids out of my lungs and also calm the extremely painful esophagus spams . So I now have an extremely uncomfortable rash around my neck and on my back it’s from a necklace that was older I guess I’ll never wear that necklace again!! But it’s really miserable today so I also have some thick stuff in my chest and a cough I can’t be coughing it will cause the spam to come back so...... I’m on Benadryl for the rash and guafenasin dm for coughing and I am supposed to take my glycopyrolate and dyasapam at bed I’m concerned about drug interactions because it’s so many meds plus I take Lena pro at dinner

Doctor's Assistant: Back (~medical bodypart) How long have you been using Guaifenesin? Has it helped at all?

Yes off and on for several months I’m aspirating into my already asthmatic lungs and the muscles in my esophagus are evidently not keeping my saliva out of lungs I can skip the guafenisin as long as I can take a cough suppressant??

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about coughing?

Yes I’m going in for a couple more tests before they can schedule the hernia surgery date

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I’m just easy to react to things on my skin the rash is really red inflamed and burns itches coughing is just hard on my soooo irritated throat and lungs lately seems to set of the esophagus spasms with in turn slam my vocal cords together and cut off most of my air has lasted 6 hours once this week was at er to get help

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Evidently I have had the hernia since birth and it’s a sliding hernia but the thing is way up into my chest my muscles in esophagus aren’t doing what they should.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I burp constantly lately bloated throw up lots after I eat unless it’s small non fatty non spicy food. He thinks I also have a stomach ulcer. Tests will be scheduled on Monday
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m also onmylanta as needed and daily Zantac and daily nexuim sorry forgot to add those
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also I’ve had a ct with dye a X-ray and a swallow barium test and blood work and a urine test so that you kno every looks good except for my burned esophagus and the hernia .the next two tests look for cancer and stomach ulcers .
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He says that the surgery will be life changing for me
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Does my question make sense??
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m going in to the grocery store in about 10 min I’ll have my phone with me it’s lower on batteries please do send answer anyway to my email if it died I’ll plug it right back in after I’m out of the store ok��
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/18/2018
Doctor: DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor replied 1 month ago
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Benadryl and glycopyrolate both lead to decrease cholinergic transmission and will have anti-cholinergic effects

These can lead to side effects like dry eyes and mouth,blurring of vision,confusion,decreased sweating etc and few others

You just need to monitor for these and if they occur and you don,t feel comfortably better avoid using both these together

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor