Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Last night i drunk 3 cups of very warm water. 45 minutes…

Last night i drunk 3...
Last night i drunk 3 cups of very warm water. 45 minutes later, i took 3 small spoons of olive oil.
After that, i had diarrhea , shortness of breatha and belches . I could not sleep at all
3/17/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

What is your age?
Are the symptoms still there?
Do you take any medication?

41 yrs old. i am not taking any medication. it happened last night so i still have the symptoms

Dear *****ient, these symptoms should not be alarmed by the ingestion of very hot liquid that irritates the digestive tract such as the esophagus and upper respiratory tract, irritating them and altering their sensitivity.
When very hot water enters through these pathways the pathways contract as a form of protection and the hot water generates mucus secretion from the irritated mucous membranes, all this makes it difficult for air to enter momentarily, and depending on the irritation in the airways and digestive tracts these symptoms may last a few days until they improve.
The olive oil could alter the gastric acidity which generated a modification of the bacterial flora of the stomach.
In your case, I suggest eating food at room temperature for about 3 days so that the tissue can recover.
Take Florestor 1 capsule every 12 hours for 3 days to recover the bacterial flora.
Do not be alarmed. These symptoms will improve in 3 days.

Do you have any doubt?

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

I am dealing with Mild Hypothyroidism? maybe that why, i felt hard to breath?

Yes, this condition does affect the fact that this difficulty has been generated, but it impresses me that it is due to the very hot liquid that I have explained to you.

Hot water is not the issue ? i had it before, but this time i took 3 spoons of olive oil after 45 minutes so i think it ( water + oil)

the water plus oils generates an emulsion that when in contact with the gastric acid alters its acidity and its bacterial flora, this in effect generates the diarrhea.

Edgar Rubio Villegas